Repatriation Overseas & Interstate
Whether a death has occurred overseas or within Australia, Sylvan Funerals staff are able to assist in transporting your loved one’s body to where the funeral service is being held. Some of the key elements we will manage for you as part of our service includes:
- Full Repatriation services to and from Australia
- Liaison with overseas Consulates and Embassies and guidance through appropriate documentation
- Organisation of flight bookings
- Transportation of the deceased to the airport
- Completion of documentation for Customs clearance
- Appropriate mortuary preparation and/or embalming
- Liaison with the interstate or international funeral director
To speak to a consultant, please phone (07) 3812 4000, 24 hours a day.
How Much Will Repatriation Cost?
The number of variables involved in repatriation makes this a difficult question to answer, however interstate transfer can be as little as a few hundred dollars depending on the distance being travelled.
For Overseas Repatriation, the variables increase due to flights and choice of airlines. While our staff work with international carriers to find the most cost effective options, our experience shows that families should budget from $7,000-12,000. This large range is due to the fact each country has different requirements, and airline accessibility.