Let us know.
We are here for you 24/7, if your loved one has passed call us on (07) 3812 4000.
During this call we will talk you through what information is needed, such as their name, date of birth, where they have passed and if a medical professional has completed documentation. We will also ask a few questions such as who is the next of kin/executor, and if the service will be a burial or cremation
Bringing them into our care
We will bring your loved one into our care as soon as we can. Before we can, a medical professional will need to visit and fill out the necessary paperwork.
Our trained staff will bring them into our care, with respect and dignity, and they will talk you through what will happen during this time. A time can be arranged for you to spend some time with your loved at our Funeral Home if you wish.
Meet with us
To organise the funeral, we will need to arrange a meeting. This meeting can either be at our office or your home. If interstate, preliminary arrangements can be made over the phone until you arrive.
Organising the Funeral Service
When arranging a Funeral Service, you may need to meet with a few people. These may be:
Your Funeral Arranger
Our Funeral Arrangers are there to guide you through every step of the way. They will organise the service details, along with the legalities of your loved ones passing. During the arrangement meeting, be prepared to discuss:
- Information required for the Death Certificate
- The Type of Service; whether burial or cremation
- Date, time and location of the service
- Coffin or Casket Selection
- Any Floral Arrangements
- Who will conduct the service, whether a minister or one of our celebrants
- Arrange a time for a viewing, if requested
- Discuss clothing and specifics of mortuary care – if you would like your loved one dressed in something special, or if you would like to include any letters, photos or keepsakes to be with your loved one.
- Arrange catering and after service refreshments
- Any specific memorial stationery or requests to ensure the service in personal and special to your family.
If using our Funeral Celebrant, they will discuss with you how the service is to be structured, with who will speak, any poems or readings to be shared, music selection, photo slideshow, and any other special items throughout the service.
If you are having a photo slideshow or service booklets to be designed by us, you may need to meet with our relevant staff to ensure the appropriate format is provided.